Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Long Distance Relationship

**warning this post experienced many technical publishing difficulties so you'll have to excuse the format**

I'd like to introduce you to someone I've only known a few months... but feel like I've known for much longer than that. This is Jessica, her husband Corey, and 4 beautiful boys:


Jessica "happened" to stumble across Ricky's blog back on October 11th... this is the message she posted to me: (hope you don't mind Jess)

Meghan, I truly believe that the Lord brought me to Ricky's webpage tonight for a special reason. I don't know why I happen to put in the last name James as I was looking at other webpages, but now I do. I was so touched by your brave words and many of them hit so close to home for me that as I sat here reading your words tears streamed down my face. My son Callen was on TPN until a month ago, he has a feeding tube and has been back to the hospital twice since we have left. I know you understand that although it is a difficult road, it is one filled with joy and the journey has brought me so close to the Lord and 'his plan" that I have never doubted it. Please check out Callen and his twin brother Coleman's babyjellybean page, last name Wilson. You are an amazing person, and Ricky has touched my life, I prayed for you today! In Christ, Jessica Wilson

We have been emailing and praying for eachother ever since and here's the cool part: A couple weeks ago her awesome, thoughtful, sweet, giving, selfless husband Corey, (hint, hint Eric), :) emailed me to ask if it would be ok to surprise Jessica with a flight out to visit me for her birthday!!! I of course was thrilled! She'll be coming all the way out here from Oregon in a couple weeks for a few days of bonding which will undoubtedly involve plenty of laughing, crying, shopping and Margaritas!! (Eric can't wait!)

Her friendship has already blessed me beyond words, and I cannot wait to see where life takes us! You can read their blog by clicking on the "Wilsons" link in the right hand column. Cole and Callen's website can be found by clicking the "Miracle Twins" site...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED...IT'S GETTING SO CLOSE!!!

-Jessica