Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Please Pray

I wanted to ask you to be praying for the parents of the 3 children you see above. I have never met this family... but they have been weighing heavily on my heart for the last month. On May 5th, Emma (4), Katie(2), and Kyle(5) were riding in a car with their Mom Lori, who was driving, and their Grandmother. They were on a major California freeway, and traffic had slowed to a stop. A semi driving somewhere between 55 and 70 mph never slowed, plowing into, and over the back of their minivan. All three kids were sitting in the back... Katie and Emma died at the scene. Kyle was rushed into surgery but died a few hours later. Lori and her mom were hospitalized for quite awhile but did survive.
I don't really think any explanation is necessary as to why I would ask that we all be praying for them. But the reason I bring it up almost one month after the accident is because I know that the more time that passes, the more reality sets in. I know what it's like to lose one child. But even then, I cannot even begin to fathom how I would take the next breath if I lost all three at one time and in such a tragic way. It takes my breath away just to think about it.
So please pray for Lori and Chris. From what I have read, they are a wonderful Christian family and they need our support as they grieve the loss of all that was their family. You can see videos and pictures, along with a message from them if you click on these links: Coble Memorial Page or Coble Family
Thanks everyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This family has been in my prayers, as well.
Their story and picture were posted on Jody Ferlaak's blog a few weeks ago.
Thank you for reminding others to pray for this family.
Jackie Carl
Marion, IN

Anonymous said...

I cannot even begin to imagine what those parents must be thinking and feeling. Their faith in the Lord, and in their marriage is a true testiment to what strength really is! I will be continuing throughout the days to be praying for this wonderful couple and their extended family and friends who have lost their little angels!

Unknown said...

Good grief, I am speechless. I am praying for them and need to go hug my babies now.
Without the hope of Christ, who could ever make it through another day after something so unimaginable?

Hummel Family said...

I heard about this family too! I am so sad and just can't imagine what these parents are feeling. I will continue to pray for them.

What BEAUTIFUL children!

nurse jen said...

Meghan,
I will keep this family in my prayers. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. I am thankful that they know our Lord who sustains and loves us when we can't understand.

Thank you again for sharing your sweet baby boy Ricky. I laughed so hard at that sweet video of him and the 'binky.' I think all NICU nurses call it a "binky." ;)

Congratulations on starting back to school!! I hope it is going very well!!

Take care,
Jen
jenhoggatt@yahoo.com (feel free to email me anytime!!)

Anonymous said...

Can you please tell me the title and who signs the song on Rick's "The Favorites" page of your site? I am pretty sure it is Celion Dion?

You did a WONDERFUL job while he was with you!!! I came to your site through Eliot Mooney - 99 Balloons.

Thank you -

Lisa Hartsfield
johhartsfield@aol.com

Meghan said...

Lisa,

It is Celine Dion. The title of the song is "Fly". I'm glad you like it! It means a lot to know that people are still checking his website!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Lisa Hartsfield
Arlington, TX