Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pregnancy Update #2

Yep... still pregnant.

Let's face it... the kid is comfy as ever and won't even lock her head down in the ready position. Can you blame her? It's not only an election year, but gas is on it's way up to $10/gallon and the water at our house smells like a sewage plant!

Believe it or not... as anxious as I am to not be so pregnant anymore... I'm actually completely OK and not at all in a hurry to pop this kid out. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I know exactly what I'm getting into. And getting up every 2-3 hours for who-knows-how-long in the coming days is something I know better than to try and rush into. Not that she won't be worth it! Maybe I associate a lot of that time with how things were with Ricky. With him, those late night awakenings involved quite a bit more than a feeding session followed by a diaper change and return to bed. Typically, the tube feeding then had to be hung, the bedding along with his clothes usually had to be changed because his feeding tube had leaked all over, the central line had to be checked and often re-secured, and then there was often a period of time lying awake waiting to hear if he was going to throw up all over things as well! While I would do all of that all over again 5 times a night or more to have him back... I guess I'm hoping that Ella's routine will prove to be a walk in the park in comparison to what I became accustomed to.

Needless to say... I have been loving these days off to prepare and organize. And since I work nights normally, catching up on sleep has been literally - a dream. I'm very excited to meet this baby and get the delivery over with. But unlike what I expected to be doing, I'm not downing gallons of raspberry leaf tea and eggplant parmesan. Having the set induction tomorrow is actually been a really nice treat. As of last week, I was dilated 4cm - a great start if you ask me considering I've hardly felt a thing! I figure when they check me tomorrow I'll probably be at 6cm... the doctor will break my water and after a few laps around the unit this kid will probably just fall out pain-free! Right?! (yeah, right....)

We have to be at the hospital at 6am. I plan to have my epidural in by 6:30. :) I'll probably be up at 4am drinking my protein smoothie and then we'll be on our way. We have Internet in the room and I have a feeling Eric will gladly distract himself with some blog updates throughout the day to avoid any marital conflicts with the pain-stressed wife.

That about covers it! Here's to one final night of peaceful, uninterrupted sleep!

7 comments:

nurse jen said...

You are so funny...I laughed out loud when I saw the second post! I suppose little Ella is just so comfy in there, she just cannot think of coming out yet! ;) She has no idea that tomorrow is her big day! Many prayers for you, your hubby and little Ella for tomorrow! Take care!
God Bless,
jen

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you all the best...and as painfree as possible. :) Thinking of you all....
Polly

Christy said...

Yeah Megan, Baby Ella will be born on my birthday!! I will be saying prayers for you all in the morning! Can't wait for Eric to post updates. Happy Sleeping tonight!! God Bless you!

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

yay!! I'm so happy for you and the L&D nurses are so great!I'll be praying for a perfect delivery and perfect baby! Let us know when we can meet this little one in the next month or so!

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I will be praying for you through the night tonight and tomorrow.
Can't wait to hear all about how & when Sweet Ella enters this world.
May you sense God's calming presence during these next several hours.
With Love,
Jackie Carl

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Meghan,
I really can't believe it's here you’re going to be a mom again! I am so proud of you and filled with so much joy. I wish I could be there with you to share in this gift God has handed both you and Eric, but I send my love and prayers instead. Rest tonight, breath lots tomorrow and love on your daughter when she is placed in your arms.
Love, Reno Carrie

Bart Saunders said...

So glad you posted again! You make us all laugh with your before and after shots! Watch out Eric she DOES get in these psycho-cleaning kicks a few times a year... well OUTSIDE of being nine months pregnant! I do recall even the cloths from all over her closet floor finding there way onto hangers and getting sorted by color and style. Meg and her mom had some strange conspiracy going whenever I wanted to play... Meg's room HAD to be cleaned. Suspicious you say... well somehow I fell for it every time and ended up doing most of the work while Meg sorted through her Garbage Pal Kid Cards! I do recall Meg finding some of those crazy cards a few years ago and sending them with a picture of her room just after one of her childhood rearranging-reorganizing moments: ) She's a RIOT!

Meg- we're all sure you'll be bragging within hours about how quickly and painlessly you got little Ella. God has carefully chosen this little girl for you. May HIS comforting hand uphold you though her delivery... I will be praying and awaiting a call from one of you. Don't forget to take that last belly shot in the hospital... hope Mr.B is catching some video and photos for me... I wish I could be there with you Meg!!! I love you....