Monday, June 4, 2007

Reunion at Ivanhoes!!

So yesterday Eric and I enjoyed a little reunion with one of my IWU college roommate's, Michelle, and her family. They only live a little over an hour away from us but somehow life has done a good job of making the distance seem far greater! Michelle and her husband Andy came out to visit me in Reno a few years ago... but since then MUCH has changed! Isaac (now 3) was about 6 months old when I last saw them all... (I found he had grown a bit.)

Priority #1 was to visit one of our all-time favorite college hang-outs, Ivanhoes. They are known for their 100 different shake and sundae options!! It was fun to introduce Eric to the joint. He wanted to stop a SECOND time on our way home!!

With the ice cream out of the way... we figured it might be good for us all to get some dinner. :) Andy is an avid fisherman/hunter, so we went back to their place for a fish fry! I'm not much of a fish eater but that breaded Wall-Eye (how do you spell it?!) was fabulous! Turns out that just about anything tastes good fried!

I kicked myself the entire way home because I completely forgot to get some pictures of Michelle and I... as well as all of us. These are all I came away with.

Kaylin, Michelle, and Isaac
Kaylin loving those peanut butter crackers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can anyone NOT love Hoe's ?
We were just there last Thurs. 5/31 (my b-day!) & the Monday before that (5/28-Memorial Day) AND a week or so before that !!
So glad you had a chance to re-live the goodness !! :-)
Jackie Carl
Marion, IN

Anonymous said...

Darn, we totally should have gone there instead of boring old applebees! Looks like a blast...oh and yummy too!! :)

Hummel Family said...

i miss that place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

yum. Ivanhoes! I miss that place.

*back to lurking*