Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sondra's Neuromas

So... I have SEVERAL posts I'm anxious to blog, but I'm at work and don't have any way to get my pictures up along with the words. Therefore they will have to wait until tomorrow. In the meantime... I thought I'd let you all in on a little secret. My parents will be here later this afternoon. Tomorrow morning, my mom is going to be having some foot surgery done by a local Doctor here in Indy. Now, just to give you all a little background - my parents are the type of people who are always taking care of everyone else. If you're sick or in need of anything - big or small - you will find them helping in some way, guaranteed. Now on the flip-side... if they are sick, having car problems, surgery, or dirt poor due to wedding costs, most likely no one will every know. And that's the way they prefer it.

So since I can pretty much guarantee that no more than a handful of local friends and family know that my mom is about to have surgery done on both of her feet... which will leave her fairly immobile for quite some time... I'm going to assume that the well wishes, cards, and flowers will most likely never arrive. And rather than completely embarrass her by making phone call after phone call just to let people know... I thought I'd write a blog. This should be pretty painless for her... especially since she doesn't even know most of you. :) She hates talking about the problems with her feet... hates having people ask or worry about her feet... but I'm going behind her back anyway. (Still a rebel!)

Her surgery will be Wednesday morning at 8:30am and she'll be staying with us for somewhere between 7-10 days probably. I'll be doing my best to nurse her back to health, but I thought maybe you all could post a little encouraging word to her as well! I know that a quick return of mobility with her feet is on the top of her prayer requests. She has had both feet operated on before, only to have the problem return. (She has neuromas - basically swollen nerves in the feet)... so we are really hoping that this alternative surgery will fix things once and for all. So keep her in your prayers and post a "get-well" wish or something if you'd like!
And just because I have kind of a sick love of grossing people out with medical stuff... below are some pictures of an actual neuroma!! (Hope you havn't eaten!!)

That should make you want to pray! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sondra,
I will be praying for your surgery this wednesday! I hope that it goes well, and that you will not have any problems that arise from this in your future.
I will be praying that you have a wonderful visit with Meg and Eric (and Max) as well. Thinking of you!!

-Jessica

Anonymous said...

Sondra,
Now you will really see if Meg can transfer her nursing skills from the babies, to the mamma! Keep in mind that her babies are about the length of your feet, so you should be in good hands.
I will be praying for you that your surgery will go well with no complications.
-Doris

Anonymous said...

Meghan,
Please let your Mom know that she will be in my prayers tomorrow. I will pray for her as soon as I get up...which is usually around 4 AM !
Thanks for sharing.
Jackie Carl

Christy said...

Sondra, Just wanted to let you know prayers will be said for you way up in Oregon! I'm sure Meghan will be the best little nurse to help you recover!! :) Gold Bless you.
Christy

melissa said...

I hope your mom's surgery and recovery go well! I'll be praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Sondra~
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Meg is a great nurse; let her do her magic! Rest, relax, recover. You deserve it.
Michelle Acton.

Adrienne said...

Dear Sondra,
I pray that your time with Meg and Eric is blessed and that recovery is sweet and quick. I pray that while you rest you are blessed with God's peace and filling, His strength and hope that your healing is safe in His hands. We wish Meg could have been one of Noah's nurses because her love and compassion shines through on her blog...I can only imagine real life...you don't have to imagine it, you're the mom:)
Happy Healing!
Love,
Adrienne