Friday, June 22, 2007

Before & After

Well, Mom's surgery went great. The doctor said that instead of the typical pinky size neuroma that you saw in the pictures below, her right foot was about the size of his thumb! (Now, that was the doctor's thumb - which was about 3 times the size of mine!). He said she would be very happy with the results.

Recovery from the actual surgery has gone extremely well with very little pain in the feet at all... recovery from the anesthesia and the pain medication she's on has been another story. We're hoping she's out of the woods now. The nausea has subsided and she's up lifting weights on the couch. :)

Mom wants to write her first blog posting shortly so hopefully you'll get to hear from the patient herself soon. Until then... thanks so much for all your words of encouragement! She's loved reading them! Here's a few shots of the experience! Mom's thrilled I'm posting these of course!

Before

After

Before
After

It's easy to love everyone when you're all drugged out...

3 comments:

nurse jen said...

I am glad to hear your Momma's surgery went very well. I am sure she is getting top notch home nursing care, as well :) The video is too funny!! I remember that "I love the world" feeling after surgery :) Too funny!
BTW, you two look very much alike!! :)
Take care,
jen

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously...the first picture of your mom laughing, how cute does she look??? You two have the same sense of humor also! I am glad that she is recovering well, and is over the anesthesia nauseauseousness, YUCK!! (I also loved waking up every morning and seeing Ricky's sweet face in the picture outside your guest room). He is an angel!! Love, Jess

Christy said...

I can't belive you took that video of your mom! Too FUNNY! So glad to hear she is recovering well. I agree with Jess and your mom laughing is adorable. It makes me excited to meet you someday Meghan! Happy Healing!!