Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Door County, Wisconsin

I'll update more on how great Mom is doing soon. But I wanted to get this post up about our trip to Door County last weekend. Eric and I headed up there for my friend Becky's wedding. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding near the water. One of my IWU roommates, Michelle, and her husband Andy were there as well celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary! Somehow, we found ourselves in adjoining rooms completely unintentionally! It made the trip all the more fun to have them around to catch up with!


Michelle & Andy

A few old friends from high school! Kristen, Carrie, Katie & Shara!

Shara and I.

Self Portraits

Becky and her new husband, Tom.

Andy is a big time hunter/fisherman... and Eric has been wanting to get into fishing for quite awhile now... so Saturday we chartered a fishing boat and hit Lake Michigan up for some King Salmon!! I had no idea what we were in for... I myself have never been fishing... and what I pictured were a few 8 or 9 inch fishies flopping around inside the boat... Instead we got this:

14lb Salmon

Fisherwoman

Would you believe the guy let me steer?

Reeling it in!

Not bad for a bunch of amateurs!

Um. Gross. But it had to be done. This girl does not yank out fish guts!

Hanging out playing a game of Euchre and some really bad wine coolers! (Can you tell we woke up at 5am??)

"My Hot Fisherman"

10 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like FUN! You look beautiful in the dress for the wedding! Cute little dress that was! Glad you guys were able to enjoy some time away. Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! What a fun fishing trip. It's great to have fun couple friends to do stuff like that with! p.s. I also love the dress you are wearing at the wedding, and how cool are the two of you in coordinating outfits??? LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

I love, love, love boating. Not so much fishing, but that lends itself to the whole boating/lake experience!

Eric said...

For the record... I wasn't so stoked on the whole matching outfits deal, but it was a great weekend

Meghan said...

FOR THE RECORD... I actually did not set out trying to coordinate our outfits intentionally. Any of you who saw the picture I posted of my family awhile back all decked out in matching patriotic garb should understand why I would fight that concept. I just happen to love the color brown right now. I like it on me. I like it on my husband. It just so HAPPENED that we both had it on that day... and it worked!

Also... had I not accidentally shrunk the white shirt that I brought as a back-up for the inevitable complaint I would get from Eric in regard to this "70s look" (or so he put)... he would have been wearing that instead.

Oh Well!!

yellowgirl said...

you two are SO cute. I love the idea of fishing for salmon in lake michigan... I'm not a big fisherwoman either (but love boats and water like Rhonda above!) but i think I'd like it a lot if i was catching those big fish! Maybe that's what Adam and I should do for a honeymoon...

yellowgirl said...

oops. somehow... i did this the other day as well. I meant anniversary, not honeymoon. honeymoon is still stuck in my head I guess...

Hummel Family said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to hear more. You two are so cute together. I am so glad you were able to get away!

I hope your mom is recovering well. Looks like I was WAY TOO LATE to send her a comment before her surgery. So nice of you to take good care of her! I still think you two look ALIKE!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures, you two have a great time together no matter where you are....Meghan, you have really revamped Eric's wardrobe....However, Eric, I see you still has "THAT" hat. You must have had that for 10 years(or more). It can be seen in pictures from every city, state and country you have been to. Not that it doesn't look good.....

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to make a comment and run out of time after reading. I've spent a lot of my extra time getting ready for company and Kira's big party. I love your pictures and am so glad you do this "blogging thing!" You guys are too cute but of course THAT-HAT has to GO Eric and those sunglasses crack me up too: ) It is fun to see how much similarity there is between you and Mr. B!! Speaking of the parents I sure do think you guys are the sweetest kids to love on your mom through this yucky recovery... you KNOW she may just decide to do this again. She's so glad to have Eric in the family, he is such a great guy! Thanks for the birthday package for Kira, she will open it on Thursday:)
* I'm still hoping kiddo #2 can be born in time with your first and they could be friends growing up. I'm sure you can't have one soon enough. love you two