Thursday, August 23, 2007

Still Here!

Sorry for the lack of postings lately! We've been caught up with life I guess... Mostly school - which began this week for both of us. Eric is already hitting the books hard... back to the long commute to Purdue and long hours in his "study". I admire his dedication. As for myself... well... I've already dropped my 10 credit hour load down to 6. And it may still be falling... :)

I love new beginnings. I was super excited to get my books... organize my supplies and calendar... The first day of class was yesterday... and that's pretty much where the fun ends. I left class realizing that the majority of Graduate Nursing students have one trait that I do not: they care about details. They enjoy research and theories. Not me. Just tell me the right thing to do... and let me do it. I can't say that I have a passion about one particular focus in nursing... outside of NICU. The idea of picking a topic to death and exploring it's every angle... to be quite honest... bores the heck out of me. I don't have the time or the patience to dwell on the nitty gritty stuff. Don't get me wrong... I know we need those people out there... I'm just not one of them!

So while I was all excited and motivated for a big busy semester... Eric on the other hand despises the first few weeks. To him, new course packets, books, and syllabi are nothing more than signs of impending doom for the coming semester. I guess it's the realistic side of him... he knows the amount of work that he will have to put in. While I myself, prefer to deny it all just enjoying the feeling of multiple goals and projects going on in life!

So that's about it for now! I'm sure I have some pictures of something to post... but I'll save them for another time soon. Just wanted everyone to know I haven't abandoned the blog!!!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Oh, yay! I'm glad you posted. I was just thinking about you last night and how I missed reading your posts. I hope that school isn't too painful for either of you ;)

Anonymous said...

Miss you friend!! :( Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Seems like we've all hit a blog bump!!! I feel so disconcerted when I can't blog and when others arent' blogging!!!

Looking forward to hearing more and good luck with classes!