Friday, August 31, 2007

Good News

It's a good day.
FINALLY... I have received word that Ricky's bench has been ordered and they are going to start work on it! The bench will be placed on the property of Saint Marys Hospital in Reno, where he spent the majority of his life, and where I worked for 5 years.
It has been a long process of getting approval for it all... and I am beyond relieved that finally they can begin making it. It will take 4-5 months to finish... so I'm hoping that sometime early next year we will finally have a dedication for it!
It has been extremely difficult for me to not have a place where Ricky is memorialized... so this is a tremendous relief. Even though it will be far away from where I am now... it will be in a place that meant the world to us both....

7 comments:

Hummel Family said...

That's awesome Meghan! I am so glad that the process can NOW begin. I know that you will treasure this special place. Ricky will never be forgotten.

Thinking of you....
JoEllen

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed this morning! Looking forward to the dedication!! :)

Christy said...

So special and so greatful for you that you've shared your precious Ricky with us all! What exciting news to hear! Have a blessed day!

melissa said...

Wonderful news, Meg! This makes me so happy for you :)

Bart Saunders said...

THANK YOU LORD-- Meg has been so diligent and needs no more delays.

I read the GOOD NEWS Saturday morning but hurried off... and forgot to mention this on the phone... for good reason though!

Bet you can't wait to see your Reno family! Will you hike up to Eagle Lake or is that out of the question with snow?

Anonymous said...

nice. i am happy for you both.

Anonymous said...

How exciting that the memorial bench for Ricky will be in its homored place soon! I know it is really special. Perhaps that is why it is taking so long. Love that little man!!

Love,
Grandma Pat