Friday, April 27, 2007

Jan

The NICU that I worked at in Reno lost someone very dear to them this past Sunday. Jan Clemons was one of the gentlest, sweetest women that I have known. She past away very unexpectantly, and I know that her family and friends are hurting tremendously right now. It is not unusual for nurses who work together for long periods of time to become close... but I know personally that at Saint Marys, there is a NICU staffed by a group of nurses who are truly "family". Please pray for all of them as they deal with this great loss. The service is being held this weekend... and while I wish I could be there... I know my heart will be.

My memories of Jan are still so vivid... I can hear her gentle and sweet words speaking to a baby as she changed or bathed them... She loved what she did... and we loved her.

0 comments: