Saturday, April 21, 2007

Anyway

In light of the previous somewhat discouraging post... I wanted to post the words of a song that has really touched me lately. I think because it explains some of what my perspective of life has become in light of Ricky, and in light of all the disappointment and challenges that this life undoubtedly brings us. If you havn't heard Martina sing this - download it, buy it, find the American Idol she sang it on... whatever. Just think about it:

You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

Chorus:
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love em anyway

Repeat Chorus

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway, sing it anyway

I sing, I dream, I love..... anyway.

Better yet... cut and paste this link. I found it. (Althought it's a pretty rough recording)

4 comments:

Guigo Sanches said...

beauty song

melissa said...

That is a great song. I hear it on the radio all the time. It has so much truth in it.

Oh, and here's some info on how to insert links into your posts: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41379&topic=8915

melissa said...

that link totally didn't show up - try this...

Go to Blogger Help:
http://help.blogger.com/

Click on the link for posting & editing

Click on the link for "How do I make a link to another webpage?"

There you will find the answer for how to link to other pages :)

Anonymous said...

I need to type that out and put it on my mirror or somewhere good! That song is awesome Meg. Your house is so pretty, it feels so good to see the promise of beautiful days. We have been working on the landscape too, it feels so rewarding to make improvements on our homes doesn't it? I have a large plot at the community garden, I spent hours there this weekend. It felt good to be sore oddly enough. Are you going to do a garden of any sort? God bless the folks out here that have to answer my numerous questions as I attempt to do this. I hope Kira will play a bit in the dirt with me too: ) She is really loving her Elmo from you! Susie