Saturday, March 10, 2007

Shopping, Tears, Massages & Margaritas!!

Does it get any better than THAT?
(I stole your picture Jessica, thanks!)
Who could have guessed that we had never met in person? I'm not sure we really stopped talking from the moment I met her at the airport, until the time I dropped her off! Jessica and I had a really wonderful time sharing and getting to know each other. Part of me realized, but never really understood, how badly I needed some time to sit and really de-brief much of what went on with Ricky. While I have always felt tremendous support from friends and family, I really never did take advantage of their willingness to listen or help me through some of my feelings about it all. What an incredible blessing to have a "complete stranger" (although I feel like we've known each other for years), actually ask to hear all the stories, and see all the videos and pictures. It was good (though painful in some ways)... to talk about it all. Jessica has been through so much of the same challenges with her son Callen, and it was good to understand each other's pain. While Eric didn't seem to want to join in on any or our fun shopping adventures... he did enjoy a Margarita or 2 with us! I KNEW he was happy for me and my bonding time with another woman when as I was skipping out of the house to hit the mall... he told me to "get myself something nice.... (but not too nice!)".

Eric and I are hoping to get out west someday soon to enjoy even more time with Jessica, as well as meet her husband Corey and her 4 boys. I will forever be indebted to them for all that they have given, and I wish I could express how grateful I am that God has brought them into our lives.
Corey and Eric... you are two amazing men and we are SO blessed and thankful for your sacrifices and love! (Now... this is a bi-annual thing, right? Corey watches the boys and Eric feeds himself for a few days.... RIGHT?) :)
OK... so Eric feeds himself quite a bit... better not push it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you!!!

nurse jen said...

Meghan,
Guess what? I remembered my password so my blog is back up! :) I just read your posts. It sounds like you had a lot of fun meeting Jessica and Jo Ellen. ...What great 'girl time' - we all need that! :)
Have a great week!
Take care,
Jen