Thursday, March 29, 2007

My first message

hi ya'll.

Meg finally invited me to this blog and now I have a chance to defend myself against all the nasty things I have found written about myslef in these pages. I probably won't write as much as Meg, but will throw my two cents in when necessary.

It is getting really nice here, weatherwise, and we decided to try and get some grass seed down in the backyard last weekend. Meg and I spent a few days clearing construction debris (nails, wood stakes, water bottles, even a human finger). This was Meg's favorite part of the job and she begged for more at the end of project. We got the seed down, the straw on top of it... and now water daily to keep the seedlings moist. The waiting game is here and in a few weeks hopefully grass will appear soon. I'll even post some pictures if Meg shows me how.

10 comments:

melissa said...

hey, eric! welcome :)

that's so nice of meg to share the blog with you. did you seriously find a finger in the debris? that's so gross...

Meghan said...

No Melissa... he seriously did NOT find a finger and I have no idea where he came up with that one! (Maybe a Wendy's obsession... I don't know).

Anonymous said...

So, Max is putting you guys to work again huh?? Welcome to the blog page Eric...and you do realize that you are seriously outnumbered right? How brave of you to jump in head first!! So when are you sending your wife out here for a visit??????

Eric said...

My wife is free to use her frequent flier miles as she sees fit. And if that involves leaving her husband and not using the miles for a vacation together... then so be it. :-)

Anonymous said...

okaaaay...you can come too!! :) You and Corey will need to be together to fight off the "Super-Shoppers" together again!! Okay, really you have nothing to worry about Eric. Corey is the one who should be scared, and he is! I wonder if that is why he recently canceled my credit card??? Hmmmm?!?! :)

Meghan said...

Wow.... he sounds kind of bitter huh?

Anonymous said...

Happened upon your blog. Easy to pick up that a number of women are trying (unsuccessfully) to pick on a man.
No contest.

Eric, be sure to keep sharing your sense of humor along with your patience, humor, kindness and your natural, innate, and profound wisdom.

Meghan, well all I can say is that you are obviously blessed.

Eric said...

Amen!

I appreciate your support "anonymous"
Somebody is always trying to pick on a man!

Anonymous said...

Nice try Eric!!

Meghan said...

Mom - is that you???? Fess up if you're the anonymous one. And if it is you... quit defending my husband! You're supposed to be on MY side remember?!!