Thursday, March 22, 2007

Elena

I'd like for you all to "meet" Elena. I actually have never met her in person... but I came across her story as I have many others in this fabulous internet world.
Elena is 6 years old... and may not live to see her 7th Birthday. She suffers from a inoperable brain tumor that is growing fast and furious. She was diagnosed just a handful of months ago - and has experienced all the treatment that can be offered for this tumor that seems to claim one child's life after another.
Her parents began a web page awhile ago and faithfully journal their thoughts and emotions as they now live day to day like it will be her last. It is difficult to even imagine the pain and pressure of having to make every moment count since the moment's may end too soon... but I have so appreciated their heartfelt vulnerability.
Just recently... Elena remission seems to be coming to an end. She is losing her speech and some motor movement, and this family is realizing that they may be out of interventions. I thought it might be time to ask all of you to be the prayer warriors I know that you all are, and maybe do a little "intervening" on their behalf. If you have a chance, take the time to visit Elena's site...
At the very least... send up a prayer.
Thanks so much!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it so amazing that her parents have lived each day like it was her last. We should all take notes on their dedication and love for their sweet daughter. I will be praying for God's peace over their family during these painful days.

~Jessica