Friday, March 28, 2008

Mistaken Identity


Tonight on Dateline the families of Laura Van Ryn and Whitney Cerak are being featured in a special 2 hour Dateline. These were the girls whose identities were mixed up in the horrible accident here in Indiana involving a semi and van carrying Taylor University students. They are going to be sending an incredible message and testimony to the world about all that transpired for them after the accident... and I really encourage you to watch. I went to school minutes from Taylor and also spent many years at their Youth conferences when I was in high school, so in a small way compared to many, this story hit home for me. This morning on the Today show they spoke volumes in just 10 minutes... glorifying God and showing no anger or resentment of all that happened. To this day, neither family have ever filed a lawsuit. Hope you can catch it!

5 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

I missed it, let us know how it went! My sister in law went to Taylor when it happened...so sad. And amazing theyre glorifying God through it all

Weinberg Family said...

Hey Meg...I watched it last night. It was an amazing show. I am so glad they had it on TV..those families are such a great example of who Jesus is!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the notice.
My son graduated from Taylor in 2005, but still, knew all the students and faculty that were involved.
I thought both shows, Today and Dateline, were conducted in extreme taste.
May God continue to bestow His grace upon these 2 families as well as the others involved, that are not mentioned in the frontline.
Jackie Carl
Marion, IN

Bart Saunders said...

I just read your blog... I got to watch this last night- we weren't even going to be home! I was shocked I knew all about their situation from when you had alerted all of us to pray for them.

It is awesome to see Christians handling the IMPOSSIBLE so openly and graciously for all to see.

I'm working on your scrapbook: )

Anonymous said...

Hey Meghan...
I have noticed you have been reading Angie's blog about her unborn daughter, Audrey Caroline.

I would also like to invite you to visit this blog:
http://thestanfieldjourney.blogspot.com/

This young mother just recently gave birth to a precious son, prematurely, that was born w/ Spina Bifida & Trisomy 18. He did not live much more than an hour.

She also could use some prayers and encouragement from others, who might feel led to lift her up to our mighty Heavenly Father.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Jackie Carl
Marion, IN