Friday, September 12, 2008

Random Highlights

Well... life has gotten to be so much fun lately, thanks to Ella. She's rolling over, laughing, drooling, sleeping, and seems to do something new every day. We're pretty sure that any babies that follow will wind up to be holy terrors. Ella continues to sleep well, thus letting the rest of us do the same. She's napping 2-3 hours in the morning, 2-3 hours in the afternoon... and from about 8:30pm-7am at night. I have been teaching her the fine art of shopping and eating... (she takes particular interest in my Starbucks drinks)! I'm loving being home... hating being at work... and just so grateful for the gift she is to us all. My saint-of-a-mom continues to drive down from Chicago every single week to watch Ella while I work a 2-day night shift stretch, and Eric has her to himself on Friday nights. I'm counting down the days until I can cut back my work hours (see countdown at the bottom of the blog), but in the meantime we could not ask for a better arrangement. Eric is currently in a pharmaceutical rotation with Kroger pharmacy and doing really well. His boss told him recently he's the best student he's ever had!!

There are so many fun memories and pictures to share from the last few of Ella's 18+ weeks of life so far...... I've selected a few highlights...

Grandma Debbie recently came to spend a few days with us... Ella enjoyed her visit MUCH more than the picture shows!

We had Ella dedicated at church a few weeks back. They do a really neat service every year outside on the property of a fellow member. They have a pool where they also do baptisms. About 17 babies were dedicated!




Sweet smiles for Grandma Cook.

Kickin' back in my easy chair...

I don't really know what to say about this one...

Meeting Grandpa Johnson...


I'm a big girl... I don't like to recline anymore...

Self portrait. Maybe starting to look a little like Mommy?? Yeah... not so much.

Meeting our neighbors... Mr. Horse

Thank you Craigs List!! Probably our best baby investment yet! Ella's belly laughs are coming more often - and with less antics required by us! I love this kid...


This is a short demo of Ella's dolphin language which she won't seem to stop using these days. I think she just like to hear herself talk... can't figure out where she gets it.

5 comments:

melissa said...

Love her dolphin noises :) She's adorable!

Mare said...

I've nominated you for an award.
:)

Carrie said...

Meg,there are some really sweet pictures in this posting! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to meet this little girl!!! Love and miss you tons.

Stacey said...

Ella is so adorable, I can't wait to meet her when you come out in Oct. Peter is looking forward to it too. Especially since she is the girl he admires everyday. This is such an excieting time in our babies lives. I miss you. Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg, Eric and Ella,

Your darling is precious! Your pictures and comments are perfect as usual. I am glad that all is going well for all of you. With politics and voting too...

Love,
Grandma Pat