Sunday, September 30, 2007

Girl's Week in Reno!




So tomorrow I head out bright and early for my annual October trip to Reno. These are a few pics to show the fun we are all anticipating... Melissa arrived from Virginia yesterday, and I can't wait to join the group. Stacey gave birth to her baby boy Peter just a few weeks ago, and I cannot WAIT to see him!

What would have been Ricky's 3rd Birthday will be this Tuesday, and I can't think of ANYWHERE that I would rather be to celebrate. I'm a little on the emotional side thanks to this pregnancy to begin with... so I'm fully expecting this reunion of old friends, the beauty of Tahoe, and the arrival in the place that Ricky is most real to me, to completely do me in. I'm sure I'll be crying 80% of the time... but I am looking forward to every minute of it.

Eric will be staying behind to focus on school (lucky guy), but I'm pretty sure he's looking forward to his bachelor week. I really havn't been cooking a whole lot for him lately so he's not going to be missing much. He's apparently got plans for a "Man-cation" with a buddy or two... I'm choosing to not ask what all that entails. :)

Be back in a week with new stories and pictures!!


8 comments:

Bart Saunders said...

Sorry we are still playing phone tag! It is so neat you are making a point to be in Reno every fall. I can't wait to hear stories from your girl-time and what it is like to visit the NICU team. I'm praying Tuesday is extra special this year. I know Ricky holds the keys to your heart but he'll be making an extra set for his little brother or sister.

He spent his days in Reno looking forward to your love and devotion... may you find peace knowing you were the center of his little world. God is forever blessed because of your love for His little boy.

Weinberg Family said...

Hi,
That is awesome that you are going on a girls weekend. Hopefully you can still continue that once you have the baby. I have still gone on quite a few girls trips since I had the girls. It is always so relaxing:)

Hummel Family said...

Praying for you as you are now in Reno! I can't wait to see all of the fun pictures of you and your gals having fun!

Adrienne said...

I pray your time in Reno is blessed and that the memories are sweet (old and new), the tears flow without regret, and that the arms of your friends are encouraging and healing. Happy Birthday, sweet Ricky!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you this day. A day that will be filled with joy and laughter up in heaven...and with love in your heart here on earth.

I hope you truly cherish your time with your friends during this trip. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing all of you a great reunion. :)

Polly

janet l moran said...

Happy birthday little Ricky.
So glad that you will be spending his birthday in Reno. I love you meg

Emily said...

Hi Meghan, I just talked to Susie and she told me that today if Ricky's birthday. I just wanted to write and let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that Ricky is in heaven celebrating with Jesus but I also understand your pain wishing that he was hear with you on earth. He was a very special little boy that touched the hearts of so many. I hope that your week in Reno is a good one and congratulations on the new little miracle growing in your belly. I'm sure that Ricky is so excited that he is going to be a big brother. I have been thinking of you often and hope that all is going well.

Emily

Bart Saunders said...

Are you doing o.k??? I know you got back and must be working lots. Hope you'd call if you wanted to talk and had some time. I keep checking the blog and website. Love you- susie