Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Roommates and Ivanhoes

Michelle, Me, and Bethany

Last night I got to meet up with two of my college roommates. My senior year I lived in a house with 4 other girls, and the 5 of us had an absolute blast together. I really can't believe 8 years have passed since those days... and it's pretty crazy to see where life has taken each of us. We met up at a favorite hangout - Ivanhoes. Known for their 100 different shake/sundae options (always #42 - the Grasshopper, for me), they are a local favorite. It probably would have been easier to catch up on all the latest details without the kids around - but it was so much fun to see how fast they are all growing up! I don't think I ever could have imagined us all as mothers - back in the day when we were sitting around stuffing our faces with Totinos pizza and ordering eachother out of the bathroom...

"The Offspring" - Isaac, Grace, Taylor, Ella & Kaylin

Ella and her new best bud... "Uncle Andy"

Taylor and Ella

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Sounds like fun. Can NEVER go wrong w/ Ivanhoe's. :-)

Sande said...

Times when we ask ourselves ...
... was it all a dream?

Bart Saunders said...

Dairy Queen and Cold Stone could never compare! I love that photo of Andy and Ella! Next time a different setting where you can visit even more... I bet you girls can get sweet Uncle Andy to keep the kiddos happy: )

FYI got your sassin' on my blog... you know I don't get on the computer often enough-- I love your posts though! I daydream of blogging... this garden seems to be my hobby that screams for attention.