Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life

Alright... so I've been feeling really guilty about the amount of time that has gone by since I posted something of real substance!! (with the exception of my mention of Faith's need for prayer for flying which by the way SHE FLEW and has lived to tell about it!!!!). Anyway, I'm sure there are some questions flying around out there - particularly related to Ella's "announcement" a week or so ago. I'm home this morning with a napping baby and a sick husband so I thought I'd get down to business while I had a moment!

First off... you've probably noticed the ticker for the March of Dimes Walk for Babies. I have joined Team Noura - and we are walking to raise money for premature births and babies. For those of you who don't know, Noura was a tiny little miracle patient of mine who was born at (correct me if I'm wrong Betsy), 23 weeks and 6 days!!! In case you can't do the math on that - that is 16 weeks (or 4 months) EARLY!! I had the privilege of being in the delivery room when she was born and now at 18 months she is perfect and thriving!!


SO... I am very proud to join in this walk in hopes of helping even more miracles like Noura. Thank you to a whole BUNCH of you who were so quick to respond in sponsoring our team! Your donation will go towards research and medicine for the treatment of premature babies... along with treatment of mom's in pre-term labor, and so much more - all in Noura's honor. If you'd still like to help, click on the March for Babies widget to the left and make your pledge. If you would like to walk on April 26th, click there and sign up!!

And speaking of babies... we'll move on to Ella's announcement. As you can see I'm just over 7 weeks pregnant, and I think I will go ahead and answer the top two questions that seem to keep coming our way:

#1 - No... we were not planning this. In fact, according to Eric's "Master Life Plan", we should just be getting ready to have Ella.

#2 - Yes, we know there are ways of preventing these things from happening.

After getting over the initial shock and coming to terms with the fact that I literally just "got done being pregnant" and have barely made it out of my maternity pants, I really am very excited. (Eric is too - right honey?) While it is still early and I'm having a hard time envisioning my "baby" as a "big sister", I've also begun to find many positives in having babies "back to back".

#1- No need to dig out the maternity clothes... I hadn't even quit wearing some of them!
#2- No packing away of the infant toys and equipment... we're just moving it right on into the next room!
#3- We will definitely get our $'s worth out of all that baby stuff we bought or were gifted!
#4- Ella took her time learning to crawl. With our luck this baby will catch up and they'll learn to walk together!! :)
#5- Since my firstborn is still taking 2 naps a day... I get to go back to bed in the morning when she does!!

More than anything -if this baby brings us half the joy and fun that Ella has brought... we are going to have a blast with them both. I'm more than aware that things will likely be a little crazy for awhile... but I have no doubt it is well worth it. Eric will be done with school in May, which means Mommy will be blessed with the opportunity to stay home with her babies - venturing out to work in the hospital for just a few days a month. I am so excited I can barely speak about it!!

We are praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy... and Lord willing, a healthy child. We would appreciate your prayers for that as well. Thanks so much for all of your enthusiasm and congratulations! It was fun to share the news.
I'll leave you with a few recent favorite shots of the baby girl...


11 comments:

Faith said...

We're praying for you guys like crazy!!!!!!!! I just can't wait to meet baby #2!!!! Poor Eric, is he still sick? Are you and Ella still well? We're praying for you ALL to stay well!! And I can't wait for the walk!!! By the way, SUPER cute pictures of Ella!!!!! The tub picture made my day!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again you three! I really hope that you have a easy pregnancy and healthy baby. Just stop giving my Jack any ideas about a sibling just yet. Hey if it's a boy I really like Jackson Johnson, he would just need a strong middle name to break it up and one that is easy to yell! Just a unsolicited suggestion.

Carrie said...

Cute pics of Ella- she's getting so big! I think that it's great that Ella and her little brother or sister will be so close in age! I'm hoping that Steve and I will get to share some exciting news for us in the next few months ;)

jlmcq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jlmcq said...

Positive #6

Maybe Johnson baby #2 will look at least a little bit like his/her mommy!

Meghan said...

Thanks Jennifer!!! I forgot that one!!!

Lisa said...

Meghan-

Congrats again! A healthy and happy pregnancy will continue to be in my prayers! ...and maybe this one will actually look like you had something to do with it's creation. :)

Love, Lisa

Jackie said...

It will be fun. Of course, hairy at times, but all in all, you will be blessed over and over.

I haven't taken the time to do the math for your babies, but I can say that I know several families w/ babies close in ages.
My husband & his brother are 17 months apart.
My niece & nephew are 17 months apart.
My girlfriend & her sister are 16 months apart.

It does make for some extra added "closeness" with the siblings.

God knows what He is doing.
He has designed this life for you.

Congratulations, again.

With love,
Jackie

Weinberg Family said...

Oh my goodness!! I can not believe you are pregnant! That is exciting news! When does Ella turn 1? I finally updated my blog..so go check it out and leave a note...are you going to be a Katie's wedding?

Bart Saunders said...

I don't know HOW people can't see you in little ELLA! I know they all didn't know you growing up but MAYBE you could post a couple shots of you for them:) This winter sure seems excessively cold and snowy in the mid-west:(

Unknown said...

Meghan, congrats again on the new addition to your family. I am saying prayers for you and your little one to be healthy, born at term with no complications. ;) I love reading your blogs, you truly make me smile with your words each day I read a new post from you. I am so happy for you and your family. ;) ~wendy