Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ella's 1st Bottle

Since I'll be returning to work in about 6 weeks, we're going to have to introduce Ella to bottles every once in awhile. At the recommendation of our Pediatrician, we opted to try one tonight... since she'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow. (Hard to believe!!) They recommend waiting long enough to really establish her breastfeeding, but not too long that you can't get her to try anything else. I've been pumping on occasion, so at least we can still give her breast milk. So while I prayed that she would not totally refuse the bottle, but also would not like it TOO much, Eric fed her. She seemed a little confused at first... but then took off with that talented suck reflex of hers, polishing off 3 ounces in no time. Thankfully she quickly reassured me that I'm still her favorite... and went on to breastfeed for another 10 minutes. Apparently no damage done so far! But just to be safe... I think I'll limit these two to "bottle bonding" once every other day or so...

I think Daddy prefers this over diaper changing... (although he's made me pretty proud even in that area so far)!

"Wow... that bottle thing sure fills my tummy up a whole lot faster!"

I think he finally won her over!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the pictures of Eric and Ella- seriously how adorable. Makes my eyes tear up a little! I can't wait to see how Steve is when we have a baby- hopefully sometime next year if everything goes according to our plans... ;)

Anonymous said...

That really is a tear jerker...I mean seriously I am grown up...but that is absolutely adorable! You are a lucky woman Meg.