Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Unspoken"

When I was in high school we had these small bible study groups we called "Power Packs". Each week we would all take the opportunity to share any prayer requests with one another - a way to intercede on behalf of friends regarding any and everything that they might feel they needed prayer for. Countless times, I can recall myself and others mentioning a simple "unspoken". It meant simply, that we had something we needed prayer for - but for whatever reason we were not able, or chose not to go into further detail. With confidence we trusted that God not only heard, but completely understood those "unspoken" prayer requests - even when we ourselves did not know what we were truly praying for.

That said, I have an "unspoken".

It actually is not for myself, but for someone else who I do not yet have permission from to share what exactly it pertains to. I myself have been praying I think harder about this request than I have for anything else in quite a long time, for the last couple of weeks. It involves some incredibly dear friends of mine who I love very much, and I am asking - if not pleading - with any and everyone to join me... just to simply ask the Lord to please calm a storm that you yourself know nothing about.

He will know what you're talking about - even though you don't.

If I'm given permission at a later time I will share more... but for now, I will leave it at this. And if you feel led, feel free to share your prayer or thoughts in the comments... It's very possible that the ones you are interceding for will read it eventually.

5 comments:

Faith said...

To whomever this request is for, I've been praying for you all morning, and I'm hoping that you're feeling God's peace with this situation. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

The Poores said...

I pray for the calm and peace that is needed and that God's will be done.

Mare said...

I'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

"Be still my soul.....the waves and winds still know...the voice that ruled them while He dwelt below."

To my unknown friend.....may you know His peace and a sense of His presence TODAY!

A hug from Grandma Sondra

Anonymous said...

I'm praying too!