Thursday, October 16, 2008

I want credit...

Eric and I have been playing what is kind of a twisted game of hot potato for the last week. Ella occasionally will go for multiple days without "filling" her diaper, and while I learned that this is not terribly unusual for breast fed babies to go through a phase like this, I was beginning to wonder where the additional peas, oatmeal, and pears were winding up in that tiny body of hers. So... as baby duty has passed back and forth between both of us, we each were hopeful that the inevitable would not happen on our own shift. Well... seeing as my shifts seem to outnumber his by approximately 20:1... the odds were it would happen just as it did.
May I present... "The Blow-out".
Did any get in the diaper you ask? Oh yes... and after we cleaned all this up... she figured she'd fill up another one. :) Lucky me.

This is her after I took her outside and hosed her down out back... she looks proud of herself, doesn't she?

8 comments:

Mare said...

lol!!!

She is so darn cute!!!!

Carrie said...

Wow! That's a lot of poop for such a cute little girl and she saved it just for mommy! :)

Jackie said...

EWWWHHHH!

She does look like she is asking what all the hype is about.

Happy "Mothering". :-)

Hummel Family said...

oh, WOW!

But, who cares, she is so stinkin' cute!

RIGHT!?!?

;)

Eric said...

Little Ella and I had a talk about 3 weeks after she was born... I told her to remember 3 things while daddy was watching her...

1. Sleep most of the time
2. Don't cry
3. Only poop for mommy

so far so good

Anonymous said...

I bet she feels better after all that hard work :)

Bart Saunders said...

Holy crow she looks more like you Meg!! You KNOW she's going to get you back some day for all the CRAP you are putting on this blog!

I know you are off with your family in Reno... I am so glad you had such a beautiful Memorial for Ricky. Sorry I hadn't called you back last week. I'm praying for you Meg. Three years ago I sat with my head in my hands while you held your heart in your's. Your love for Ricky still warms my heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darlings!
What a beautiful little girl. I can see both parents in her little face. So what is with the poop photo, Meghan?!!

I am glad that you were able to go to Reno for the special day for Ricky. I am sure that Ella made a hit with everyone too.

Be well. No more poop pictures!
Love,
Grandma Pat