Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dinos and Octopus!

This homeschool thing has, surprisingly, turned out to be a whole lot of fun and not nearly as much stress as I thought it would! Kate presents the greatest challenges for us, but most days we are able to get things done during nap time. We've just finished up a couple units on Dinosaurs and Octopus, so here are a few highlights!

Ella's reading has really taken off, and I'm hardly needed anymore! LOVE that she's able to read to her sister sometimes!
Sometimes I feel like Claire gets the most out of the days when she's with us! Really proud of the progress she's making this year!
Running the length of the largest known dinosaur.
A fall craft play date with Heritage Builders!
Learning how to tell time...
Noah meets Willy Nilly Dinosaur...
Ella completely her first math book!
Underwater ocean habitats.

What exactly does the ink the octopus squirts do in the water???
"Ohhhhh...." :-)
Time for subtraction!!
Trying to run with the weight of our sin bearing down on us...
Running free "from the sin that entangles us"..

 

 

2 comments:

Eric said...

So proud of you Meg. Love you ladies

Debbie Hicks said...

Meghan, I don't know if you remember me. My son was in Stanford at the same time as Ricky. We would stop in the halls and chat some. Benjamin was very sick and you and your mom gave me a hope in God again. I didn't get to see you after Ricky passed away, you had already left. Ricky touched my heart in a way I cannot even describe and brought me back to God. My son Benjamin died very suddenly Tuesday from complications of the flu. He fought so hard through so many surgeries and battles. I am so very sad and even angry. I know I will see him someday, but I just can't get my mind around it. I worry that he is cold or scared or didn't know how much I love him or how very proud I am of him. I know you have your hands full with your three beautiful girls, but if you have any words of wisdom how to get through this I would sure appreciate it.
Debbie
giantsgirl1971@yahoo.com